Multiple Tooth Replacement
We can permanently replace 2 or more teeth with dental implants or improve the retention of an unretentive denture.
If you have lost more than one tooth, for example, three teeth, we would place 2 implants and place a bridge with 3 teeth on top of it.
What Does the Multiple Tooth Replacement Procedure Involve?
1. Consultation, X-ray, CT Scan and Diagnosis.
We will determine exactly how many implants will be required, which will be assessed at your initial consultation. After taking the necessary x-rays, diagnostics and C.T. scans, a detailed treatment plan will be provided. Any questions you have about the treatment will be answered at the initial consultation.
2. The Treatment
We will fit titanium implants into your jawbone in the first instance. This is a small surgery performed with a local anaesthetic.
If we are replacing front teeth, you will have a temporary bridge or denture fitted in the same session. You will never be without a tooth!
This is then left to heal between 3 to 6 months.
Once the healing is complete, we will make a mould of your teeth and create natural looking porcelain crowns or multiple-unit porcelain bridges in our laboratory and fit the permanent teeth in the place of the temporary teeth.
Implants vs Bridges
Replacing missing teeth requires preparatory work to be carried out by your dentist on your existing adjacent teeth as these will be used as anchors to secure the bridge.
This can damage the existing tooth structure and dramatically reduce the tooth’s lifespan.
Dental implants will only benefit existing teeth, by alleviating some of the pressure imposed on existing teeth.
“All -on-4″ Treatment
We Can Replace Your Teeth in Just One Day.
Key Benefits of “All-0n-4″
How Does All-on 4 Work?
There are several steps to the procedure:
- Initially, we will carry out the CT scan and/or an X-Ray to assess the current state of your jawbone and ensure you are a suitable candidate.
- Any badly damaged or decayed teeth will be extracted.
- You’ll be given a local anaesthetic and sedation and small incisions will be made in your gums and 4-6 implants will be placed into the jaw bone.
- Over time, these implants will fuse with your bone.
- A temporary bridge is fitted the same day.
- You then return for the permanent prosthetic teeth to be fitted 6 months later.
- In the lower jaw, the bridge would be placed on 4 implants. In the upper jaw, the bridge would be placed on 6 implants.
Replacing All Teeth or/and Existing Denture
We recommend “All-on-4” as we believe it is the best approach to replacing existing dentures.
“All-on-4” means all teeth are fitted on 4-6 implants in a single day.
This is an increasingly popular treatment among our patients which offers life-changing treatment at an affordable price. “All-on-4” allows us to take patients with failing teeth or full dentures, into fixed, natural looking teeth in a single day.
This technique has enabled patients with loose teeth or dentures to have a reliable fixed alternative to restore their self-confidence when smiling, talking and eating. For some patients, it has given them a new outlook on life without the disability of tooth loss. All the patients we have treated with this technique have been delighted that they chose this treatment option.